We are looking for a…
CHIEF WINDSURF INSTRUCTOR (full time/permanent) with Queen Mary Sailing Club
QMSC is a large, active RYA Affiliated Sailing Club and RYA Recognised Training School offering club racing, open events, club activities and RYA tuition in sailing, windsurfing and powerboating throughout the year.
We are looking for a RYA Senior Windsurf Instructor to take the Chief Windsurf Instructor role on a full time, permanent basis. The role requires a flexible approach with the successful candidate working a 35hr contract over weekends, evenings and bank holidays as required. Typical working week Wednesday – Sunday.
Experience & Qualifications:
- RYA Senior Windsurf Instructor with valid FA certificate
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a RTC as an active SI
- Dinghy Instructor
- Intermediate Planing Instructor/Advanced Windsurf Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- Experience in providing safety cover for racing events
- Fibre glass repairs
- BSUPA or BCU qualifications
- Overseeing daily operations of the centre as the Duty Officer
- Deputising for the Principal in their absence
- Taking a leading role in staff development
- Working as part of a team to provide an enjoyable and safe environment for students and members of all ages and abilities
- Delivery of RYA courses within the National & Youth Schemes
- Assisting in ensuring all teaching complies with the RYA curriculum
- Managing maintenance of the training fleet to include all spares
- Buying and selling of training kit
- Training Volunteers & Assistant Instructors
- Providing on water safety for recreational & racing activities
- Powerboat training – staff and volunteer skill development
Additional training is available for the candidate in kayaking, SUPing, raft building. We also support all staff in skill development with subsidised/funded endorsements and instructor qualifications.
Please note the contract of employment is subject to passing an Enhanced DBS child workforce check and satisfactory references.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Paul Adams – email@example.com
Closing Date: May 1st 2018. Interviews to take place the week of the May 7th.